The importance of insurance for pets in Molesey
July 18, 2022
Veterinary medicine and what we can do to keep your pet fit and well advances year on year. Yet our increasingly sophisticated emergency tests and treatments can be expensive. In fact, even providing basic care for your pet when they become ill or have an accident can prove costly.
That’s why having the right pet insurance is so important and why Darren and the team want to make sure you have cover that’s up to date & appropriate for you.
The main benefits of pet insurance
- Peace of mind –Having the right insurance for your pet helps you relax, safe in the knowledge that you will be able to get them the best care, as opposed to the care you can afford.
- Financial benefits – Depending on the cover you choose you can protect yourself against many of the bills that tend to accrue for emergency treatment.
If you don’t have insurance, or if you do but would like to discuss whether the cover you have is appropriate, please call the surgery on 0208 979 1384 or talk to us at your next visit.
Whist we can’t recommend a specific insurance product, Darren and the team know which insurance features are important, and they also know you and your pet. We are ideally placed to guide you towards the policy features that will best suit your pet and your pocket.
Insuring unusual pets
Most people have heard of insurance for dogs and insurance for cats. But what about other animals? Don’t worry, as you can now insure almost any species, including birds and reptiles, plus small furries such as chinchillas, chipmunks and even hedgehogs.
Look before you buy
Before buying pet insurance, make sure you understand exactly what the policy covers. Here are some things you need to pay attention to:
- Maximum payment – What is the maximum amount that the policy will pay?
- Exclusions – What exclusions apply to your pet?
- Excess – What is the policy excess?
- Time limit – How long will the insurance company continue to pay for a problem that your animal develops? Some policies only provide coverage for 12 months after development of a new condition. Others offer lifetime cover, so as long as you renew your policy every year, your pet is covered for life for treatment of chronic conditions.
- It’s never too early to take action to protect your pet
If you don’t currently have insurance, come and talk to us and we can answer your questions. Even if you’re already insured, it’s still worth checking with us that your policy is up to date and appropriate for your current circumstances.