Vet services for all pets in Claygate
You will find the personal touch at Claygate Vets and a level of care that are second to none. Your pets will receive thorough consultations at our full-service, first and second opinion practice, with our highly skilled and experienced Vets and Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs).
Independent Veterinary Care in Claygate since 1968
Your pets couldn’t be in better hands than at Claygate Vets. We are very much a proactive team and we love nothing more than being able to give advice and treatment to improve the lives of animals. As an independent veterinary practice, we run every part of our service and are able to always put the needs of our patients first.
Vet services in Claygate for all pets
Your pets will receive exceptional care and treatment from the moment you register with us. We welcome all types too, including exotic pets.
If you are based in Claygate, Esher, Hinchley Wood, or further afield, we can take care of all your pets’ healthcare needs with our wide range of veterinary services; these include preventative care, puppy parties, and our money-saving Healthy Pet Club.
Join our family
When you join the Claygate Vets family, your pet won’t ever have to be without first-class veterinary care. Working side-by-side with our colleagues at our sister practices ensures we can provide a comprehensive vet service.
There is an enormous and varied wealth of knowledge and capability within our wider team of Vets and Nurses, who have more than 250 years of clinical experience between them. We have people who have been providing veterinary care for over 30 years, as well as several certificate holders in a variety of disciplines. This means we are well-equipped to look after your pets in almost all circumstances. Should your pet require more specialised treatment, we also work closely with a network of trusted referral centres.
Treating pet health conditions
We offer a wide range of surgical treatments and facilities including:
We can perform:
- Neutering of all common pet and exotic species
- ‘Keyhole’ neutering
- Laparoscopic castration of cryptorchid dogs
- Pyometra (removal of infected uterus)
- Lump removals
- Wound treatment, remodelling and suturing
- Muscle, ligament and tendon repairs
- Skin flap procedures
- Free skin grafts
- Ear surgery – aural haematoma correction, lateral wall resection (LWR), total ear canal ablation (TECA)
- Eye surgery – entropion (eyelid abnormalities), nictitans gland correction (‘cherry eye’), corneal procedures, enucleation
- ENT procedures – conventional and endoscopic
- Gastrointestinal surgery – correction of gastric torsion (GDV, ‘twisted stomach’), gastrotomy, enterotomy, enterectomy, colonectomy, mass removals, foreign body removal (direct and endoscopic), rectal surgery and anal gland removal, etc.
- General abdominal surgery – exploratory abdominal procedures (conventional and laparoscopic), splenectomy, nephrectomy, liver and other organ biopsies
- Thoracoscopic procedures, thoracotomy procedures
- Urinary tract procedures – nephrectomy, cystotomy, cystoscopy, urethroscopy, urethrostomy
- Nasal and laryngeal surgery (including rhinoscopy)
- Laryngeal tie-back
- BOAS (brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome) correction
- Laser surgery
- Plasma surgery
- Endoscopic procedures generally
- Fracture treatment – plating, pinning, external fixation and external coaptation
- Cruciate ligament repair – TPLO, TTA, Lateral Suture System
- Patella luxation correction
- Femoral head excision
- Orthopaedics in exotic species
- Osteoarthritis assessment and treatment including K-Laser (Class IV) therapy, stem cell treatment, physiotherapy and multimodal therapies
- Many other procedures in all species
- Full multi-modal anaesthetic protocols for all species
- State-of-the-art anaesthetic monitors for maximum safety
- Sevoflurane inhalation anaesthesia for exotic species
- Gold Standard anaesthetic and recovery facilities and protocols
- State-of-the-art OR-DR digital X-ray imaging with dental X-ray at Molesey Vets
- Advanced CRX digital X-ray imaging at Alpha Vets
- Exceptional ultrasound imaging – thoracic, cardiac and abdominal ultrasound
- GE Revolution ACT CT scanner currently installing at Molesey Vets, active early 2022
We see and have medical and surgical facilities for all the ‘exotic’ species, including small mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians, fish and invertebrates.
Would you like to receive free pet advice?
By signing up to our email newsletter, you can get free pet health advice and seasonal tips delivered straight to your inbox every month.
End of life care
At Claygate Vets, you can be assured of our compassionate and understanding service to pets and their owners . Your pet will be treated with the care and dignity they deserve at every stage of life. We will also support your needs with up-to-date advice and empathy.
When the time comes, we can help you make your beloved pet’s last days as happy and carefree as possible, and support you both during this difficult time. Learn more about the assistance and treatments our caring & compassionate team can provide with our End of Life Care services.