Vet consultations at Molesey Vets
Did you know, the majority of health conditions affecting pets don’t always have obvious early symptoms? For this reason, we recommend that you should take your pet for a health check at least once a year.
How we can help you & your pets
At Molesey Vets, we have a range of fee schedules and booking availabilities depending on your pet and the reason for your visit. For your convenience have exceptionally early and late consultation slots during the week.
One of our Receptionists will be able to book you the most suitable consultation appointment for your pet. If you are bringing more than one, each pet will need their own consultation slot, as this gives the Vet time to properly examine each pet and discuss their health with you.
If your pet has an emergency problem, see our emergency care information.
Save on your pet’s consultations with our Healthy Pet Club!
Get 10% OFF consultations when you become a member of our Healthy Pet Club – learn more.
Our standard Vet consultation in Molesey is 15 minutes long, which gives plenty of time for us to thoroughly examine your pet and discuss your concerns. However, if the consultation needs more time than this, we will extend the appointment without extra charge. Learn more about our consulting rooms.
Should your pet need further medication, investigations or any additional procedures, we will give you an accurate estimate of costs. However, with medical conditions and investigations it can be hard to accurately predict exactly what will be required at the outset. We will always do our very best to keep you fully informed of ongoing costs. In most cases, we are also happy to consider direct claims with your insurance company for invoices over £500. Read more about pet insurance.
Here is a guide to the different types of Consultations we normally provide:
- Regular Vet Consultation:
- This is our standard 15-minute consultation with the Vet, for a pet with a new health problem, a problem that has recurred from some time ago, or a recheck of an ongoing problem.
- Second Opinion Vet Consultation:
- If your pet has been to see another Vet for this problem (within the last year) and you would like our opinion on the problem, then we need to read the previous medical record, blood results and x-rays etc. This lets us learn what medication may have been used previously, and what the original Vet found on examination. This gives us all the information we need to provide an informed second opinion. This takes time to arrange, so the consultation must generally be booked at least one day in advance. As this is a more complex and time consuming procedure, we normally schedule for you and your pet to spend 30 minutes with the Veterinary Surgeon. This does come with a higher fee.
- Walk-in Vet Consultation:
- If you visit our surgery without a previously booked appointment, we will try our best to fit you in. However, you may have to wait for an hour or even longer if our Vets are particularly busy. Should your pet’s life be in danger, we will assess their condition and may admit them whilst we make a Vet available. Each Walk-in Vet Consultation in Molesey is generally scheduled for 15 minutes with the Vet but is charged at a higher fee than a Regular Consultation. We strongly advise our clients to try and make an appointment as we are often fully booked or very busy. We do not want either you or your pet to become stressed when having to wait for a longer period of time.
- Referral Vet Consultation:
- This is when another Vet has asked you to come and consult with us as they feel we have more expertise with your type of pet, or with your pet’s specific problem. In these cases, the referring Vet will directly send us a ‘Referral Letter’ complete with your pet’s medical records. Once the consultation has been completed, we will inform the previous Vet of the outcome. The Referral Consultation also requires the extended 30-minute consultation.
- Nurse Consultation:
- Regular Vet Consultation:
We also offer free new puppy & kitten consultations with a Vet
We’ll make sure that your sweet new family member is fully checked over and give you all the advice and information you need, during our free new puppy & kitten consultation. We love little puppies and kittens so do please bring them in to see us so we can help you give them the best possible start.
After booking an appointment
Please make sure that you, or whoever is bringing in the pet, has all the information as follows:
- How long your pet has been unwell, and what are their symptoms.
- What brand of pet food they usually eat, including any supplements or snacks you may use.
- Any medication previously taken by your pet. Please bring in any packaging or boxes.
- Where your pet is originally from, and what other animals they have been in contact with.
- What your pet’s urine and faeces previously looked like, and what they look like now.
- Whether the pet’s owner or a decision maker will be available on the telephone if they cannot come in.
Please note that the person signing a consent form must legally be over 18 years of age. This includes consent forms that allow your pet to be admitted into our surgery to under-go treatment.
We require payment for the services provided immediately after a consultation. If your pet does need to be admitted into our care for treatment, you will be required to pay a deposit. To try and make it more convenient for you, we accept payments by cash, cheque, debit and credit cards.